A Black & White Wedding Day

I have been busy with my little family the past several days, and enjoyed a little break in my blogging activities.  I am in the midst of potty training a 2 year old. I had forgotten what a time consuming task it can be. She is slowly grasping the concept, and I am thrilled. She will be my very last little one out of diapers.

In other news, I wanted to share with you a few of the fabulous photos from my daughter’s wedding. It was such a very special day and I feel very blessed that it all came together as beautifully as it did. I was the wedding planner… the everything planner really. I had never planned a wedding before, with the exception of my own over 23 years ago… which was very small indeed. I hardly knew where to begin. What I learned along the way was very enlightening. I would highly recommend the Gigmasters website for finding the perfect blend of musical talent for any event. You basically enter in the information about your event and the type of musical talent you are looking for, as well as your price range and musicians from all over bid on your event. It worked out fantastic! We were able to find both the very talented Nicole Benton and Jeff Chodil to play for our daughter’s wedding, as my daughter wanted both a violinist and a pianist. The music was magical and made the wedding day extra special.

My daughter wanted a black and white wedding…a small intimate event for our very close friends and family. She was finishing up her last semester of college while I planned the entire wedding. When I first heard the words black and white wedding, I thought oh my goodness it is going to look like a funeral. Boy, was I wrong. It ended up being a whole lot of fun and very elegant.  Who knew you could do so much with black and white. I created many of the decorations myself with the help of my dear sister, who was an invaluable help to me during this time. We rented an intimate venue in the beautiful Tanglewood Park. We couldn’t have asked for a lovelier setting.

In an effort to share the day with my blogging friends as well as keep her day private, I have chosen most of the pictures that were taken from the side and back or from a distance. I hope you enjoy them! If you are reading this and are planning a wedding right now, take my advice and go for the grand sparkler exit. You will not regret it. It was a fabulous way to end a picture perfect day.

So without further rambling…I present the wedding. =)

The altar.

They chose to write love letters to be opened at a future date instead of a unity candle.

My youngest daughter’s beloved bunny.

They wrote on tiny black hearts all the things they love about each other

The cakes were southern white almond and lemon. Very yummy.

We catered in subway sandwich trays for the meal. Fantastic idea worked great!

The fantastic Jenga guest book! A LOT of fun! The guest really enjoyed this.

The honeymoon fund! They got a lot of extra cash for fun money to use on their honeymoon!

The fabulous Nicole Benton. My daughter marched to Canon in D. Pure lovely on the violin.

Giving her away. I was so proud I didn’t cry!

Their first dance was Moon River. So gorgeous as an instrumental piece.

She danced with her Daddy to Butterfly Kisses.

The very talented Nicole Benton and Jeff Chodil.

Their friends sang A Thousand Years to them. So beautiful.

My honey and I danced to What A Wonderful World. =)

He took her garter off with his teeth. Too funny.

Tossing the garter.

Tossing the bouquet.

The grand sparkler exit. SO MUCH FuN!

Young love is a beautiful thing to behold. I was blessed to have a front row seat and be reminded of just how quickly time is passing. May we make the most of each moment and love the ones who are nearest and dearest to us. Have a Blessed Day. Valerie

14 Responses to A Black & White Wedding Day

My dear Valerie, your daughter's wedding was truly beautiful and so elegant with the black and white decorations. Everything was extra romantic 🙂

Also, I love the Jenga guest book – what a fun and cute idea!

Hugs to you, my friend!

2. Jan Tanis says:

A beautiful and elegant wedding! It was beautiful. Great job!

3. Susan says:

Oh Valerie, what a beautiful wedding your daughter had. All your personal touches made it all so SPECIAL.

You did a FABULOUS job! Oh gosh, everything looked so lovely.

And she was a beautiful bride.

Thank you so much for sharing it all with us. I feel like I was a special guest! Susan

Valerie, what a gorgeous gorgeous wedding! I love the black and white theme! And Moon River is one of my favorite songs. Congratulations to all of you!

5. That looks perfectly wonderful, Valerie. So sweet and so many special touches. What a special day. Thanks for sharing the photos. I don't suppose there's any of that almond cake left?? Almond and lemon? Sounds delicious! Congratulations to you all.

6. Sylvia says:

Beautiful wedding,Valerie, I love all the black and white. You did a great job.

7. Looks like such a beautiful wedding, you did a great job Valerie! Last time I potty trained was about 22 years ago, glad I don't have to try again! lol!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting on my posts :o)

Tania

Dear Tania,
    Thank you so much for your sweet comments! I am so glad that you stopped by for a visit. =) I really enjoy your posts, you are so very talented. As far as the potty training goes…I was potty training my first child about 20 years ago….who knew at my age, I would still be doing this! 😉 At least this is the last time, I have to go down this road. LOL It takes a LOT of patience.
    Hope you have a happy fourth.
    Blessings and Sunshine,

Dear Mrs. R.
    Thank you! It was a lot of fun to plan. Moon River is one of my favorites too.
    Blessings, Valerie

Dear Stephanie,
    Thank you so much for your very sweet comments. =) You are always so very thoughtful. I am just now getting back to bloggy land after a weeks vacation with my family. It was good to get away for a while, but happy to be back. =)
    Hope you had a fabulous Fourth of July.
    Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

Dear Jan,
    Thank you so much for your kind comments. Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

Dear Susan,
    I am so happy you enjoyed the photos of the wedding. It was a labor of love. =) I appreciate your very kind comments. Hope you had a wonderful Fourth of July week. I am just now getting back to my blog after a weeks vacation with my little family. So happy to be back.
    Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

Dear Judy,
    Thank you so much for your wonderfully, kind comments. That wedding cake was delicious. I had a local lady make it, who runs a cake business from her home. =) Wish I could say we enjoyed leftovers…but it was eaten completely. =) It was that good. Glad you enjoyed the photos. I am just now getting back to my blog after being away for a weeks vacation with my family.
    Good to be back.
    Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

Dear Sylvia,
    Thank you so much for your kind comment. Blessings to you! Valerie