Hodgepodge Wednesday ~ July Roaming
Welcome to this week’s Hodgepodge Wednesday! Click on the link above to join in the fun over at Joyce’s From This side of The Pond. I am in agreement with Joyce, this week…my brain has been a little too full…life has been overwhelming lately. I have missed the Hodgepodge the past two weeks! Glad to be back!
Without further rambling here goes!
1. The month of July was named for Roman Emperor Julius Caesar. He’s quoted as saying, ‘Experience is the teacher of all things.” So what has experience taught you lately?
I would say that experience is the best teacher. I have learned from experience lately, that my garden will not pick itself. Ha ha. During these hot days of summer, I sometimes wish it would. If I let my cucumbers go for more than a day, they will grow to be the size of baseball bats. =)
2. Where did you last ‘roam’?
To Lake Powhatan in the North Carolina mountains. It was a beautiful spot to camp and great fun!
3. Speaking of ‘Rome’…pizza, pasta, gelato…you can only pick one, which would you choose?
Yum! Well…I guess I’ll go with pizza.. I can eat pizza any day of the week, with lots of extra cheese.
4. ‘Rome wasn’t built in a day’, ‘All roads lead to Rome’, ‘When in Rome…’ which ‘Roman’ idiom have you most recently encountered? Explain.
Hmmm…maybe…’Rome wasn’t built in a day.’ I have a chronic illness, so I have to take everything I do, one step at a time. Never looking too far ahead. It has slowed me down quite a bit. But I have learned that slow and steady still gets the job done. Just not as fast as I would like to sometimes. =)
5. What’s a movie you’ve seen or a book you’ve read, that makes you want to book a trip to Italy?
I have two! Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes and Eat Love Pray by Elizabeth Gilbert…oooh maybe I have three! Evening Class by Maeve Binchy. The last one is probably my favorite. Maeve had a fantastic way with words.
6. Walt’s original Disneyland opened almost sixty years ago, on July 17, 1955 Have you ever been to the California park? How about any of the other Disney parks around the world? What’s your favorite amusement park ride or attraction?
I have never been to Disneyland. I have been to Disney World in Orlando, Florida many, many times. Always a magical time there. I especially love Peter Pan’s Flight. It was my favorite as a little girl and now, I have the joy of sharing it with my children when we go to visit. Special times.
Parade on Main Street USA Disney World.
7. It’s that time of year…when were you last bitten or stung?
I haven’t been stung for a very long time! Yellow jackets were the culprit the last time that happened. Scary!
8. Insert your own random thought here.