Hodgepodge Wednesday ~ July Roaming

Welcome to this week’s Hodgepodge Wednesday! Click on the link above to join in the fun over at Joyce’s From This side of The Pond. I am in agreement with Joyce, this week…my brain has been a little too full…life has been overwhelming lately. I have missed the Hodgepodge the past two weeks! Glad to be back!

Without further rambling here goes!

1. The month of July was named for Roman Emperor Julius Caesar. He’s quoted as saying, ‘Experience is the teacher of all things.” So what has experience taught you lately?

I would say that experience is the best teacher. I have learned from experience lately, that my garden will not pick itself. Ha ha. During these hot days of summer, I sometimes wish it would. If I let my cucumbers go for more than a day, they will grow to be the size of baseball bats. =)

2. Where did you last ‘roam’?

To Lake Powhatan in the North Carolina mountains. It was a beautiful spot to camp and great fun!

Lake Powhatan.

3. Speaking of ‘Rome’…pizza, pasta, gelato…you can only pick one, which would you choose?
Yum! Well…I guess I’ll go with pizza.. I can eat pizza any day of the week, with lots of extra cheese.

4. ‘Rome wasn’t built in a day’, ‘All roads lead to Rome’, ‘When in Rome…’ which ‘Roman’ idiom have you most recently encountered? Explain.

Hmmm…maybe…’Rome wasn’t built in a day.’ I have a chronic illness, so I have to take everything I do, one step at a time. Never looking too far ahead. It has slowed me down quite a bit. But I have learned that slow and steady still gets the job done. Just not as fast as I would like to sometimes. =)

5. What’s a movie you’ve seen or a book you’ve read, that makes you want to book a trip to Italy?
 I have two! Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes and Eat Love Pray by Elizabeth Gilbert…oooh maybe I have three! Evening Class by Maeve Binchy. The last one is probably my favorite. Maeve had a fantastic way with words.
1405578
6.  Walt’s original Disneyland opened almost sixty years ago, on July 17, 1955  Have you ever been to the California park? How about any of the other Disney parks around the world? What’s your favorite amusement park ride or attraction?
I have never been to Disneyland. I have been to Disney World in Orlando, Florida many, many times. Always a magical time there. I especially love Peter Pan’s Flight. It was my favorite as a little girl and now, I have the joy of sharing it with my children when we go to visit. Special times.

Parade on Main Street USA Disney World.

7. It’s that time of year…when were you last bitten or stung?

I haven’t been stung for a very long time! Yellow jackets were the culprit the last time that happened. Scary!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

We sleep peacefully at night, cradled by the big strong hands of America. ~Val Saintsbury
Happy July!

12 Responses to Hodgepodge Wednesday ~ July Roaming

1. Sally Henry says:

Ooh, thanks for the Maeve Binchy recommendation! I've just recently discovered her and I like her writing! I'll see if I can find that one at our library!

2. Empty Nester says:

I'm with you on the pizza! I love it. We have a new pizza place that opened in the last six months and it's the best pizza I've had in YEARS. We order almost once/week. And now I'm ready to order because of the Hodgepodge. LOL Have a great day!

3. I'll have to check out 'Evening Class.' Sounds interesting! And love the darling little gondolier! (sp?)

4. Kathy says:

You are SO right, the garden won't pick itself 🙂 Those cucumbers (and squash) do tend to grow quickly, don't they?

I love your random thought 🙂

I don't believe I've ever visited you before, but I'm stopping by from The Hodgepodge. Nice to 'meet' you!

5. Joyce says:

I don't think I've read that Maeve Binchy book, although I've read some of her others. Fabulous quote there at the end!

Hi Sally,
    I am so glad you dropped by my blog. Thank you for your kind comments. Hope you like the Evening Class I love that book of Maeve's. She had such talent. Wish she were still here to write more stories. 🙁
    Come again!
    Blessings, Valerie

Dear Empty Nester,
    Your comment made me laugh. I really enjoy your blog it always puts a smile on my face. Thanks for the smiles. I know what you mean about the pizza. My brother in law owns a Godfather's Pizza place here in town. We eat entirely too much pizza for one family. LOL
    Blessings, Valerie

Dear Judy,
    You will love Evening Class it is a lovely book. Thank you for your kind comments on my painting. =)
    Blessings, Valerie

Dear Kathy,
    I am so glad you dropped by! Nice to meet you. =) Yes, my garden is growing like crazy right now…hard to keep up! =)
    Come again! Blessings, Valerie

Dear Joyce,
    Thank you for your visit! What a treat. =) I love Maeve Binchy's books…I've read them all. 😉 Thanks for your kind comments.

11. I keep meaning to try Maeve Binchy books.
    A lot of my friends have enjoyed the books. Thank you for visiting me. I really like the gondola so cute x

Hi forgetmenots blue,
    Thank you for your kind comments! =) So glad you dropped by the blog. You will love Maeve Binchy she was a spectacular writer.
    Blessings, Valerie