One Little Monkey Jumping On The Bed

I wanted to share this adorable little horse that was my oldest daughter’s. My sweet daddy made this horse for her on her first birthday. That makes it the ripe old age of 21! I recently pulled it down out of attic storage for my toddler. She is crazy about it. She loves ponies and has taken a shine to this one too. When I pulled it out a few weeks ago, it was missing most of its mane and tail. My sweet daddy gave it a new do! I think it looks fantastic. It’s such a wonderful thing to have a daddy who is so talented. =) Thanks Dad!

While I am singing his praises, I wanted to share yet another project that he made for my daughter. Actually, this is the little toddler bed that he made for my youngest son about 7 years ago. It had been painted white. Since my daughter’s bedroom is cherry furniture, he stripped it down and refinished it to match her furniture. I love that it is an old fashioned rope bed. Sophie loves that it is the perfect size for her!

I also wanted to share a link to my sweet Dad’s new blog. His new blog is a work in progress. He is a fantastic writer and has wonderful stories to share. If you have the time, drop by and visit him
at Memory Corner. =)

Thought I would include a fun action shot of my girl, jumping on her new bed. After all, what good is a new bed…if you can’t break it in with a good jump or two? Remember how fun that was? 😉

She is always so enthusiastic when she ‘reads’. I love how it only takes the smallest things to make her smile. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we were all this easy to please. =)

Copyright 2014 Shaggycreations
In my soul, I am still that small child who did not care about anything else but the beautiful colors of a rainbow.  ~Papiha Ghosh

May we always keep our childlike wonder and appreciation for all things small and wonderful.
Enjoy this day!
Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

16 Responses to One Little Monkey Jumping On The Bed

1. How wonderful that your father made those future family heirlooms! What treasures! I love to see children learning what delight books can bring. And your painting is so darling. You have a talented family! I'll check out your dad's blog.

2. Susan says:

Oh Valerie, what a darling little girl you have! And that sweet horsie, too. And the bed! Perfect! Loved all.

Thank you so much for all your visits. Susan

3. Jan Tanis says:

What a sweet little girl you have…and you have a wonderful father, too! Love the horse and the small child's bed.

4. All wonderful! The bed is super awesome :-). And the corgis sleeping with a sheepy… 😀

5. I love your little ones bed, your daddy is quite handy indeed. Sophie looks very happy with her bed too 🙂 oh to be blessed and care free as a child again……would be wonderful. I never did want to grow up, and here I am almost 55. Blessings my friend

6. Your little daughter looks like such a joy!
    I like your redos on the treasures your Dad made too.

Awww… Your girl is absolutely darling, my friend 🙂

And the items your dad made are wonderful! How special to have those in your family.

Have a lovely day. Hugs to you!

Dear Judy,
    Thank you so much for all of your kind and lovely comments! My little Sophie loves her books. They are her absolute favorite thing. Thank you too for visiting my Dad's blog. He is a treasure.
    Blessings and sunshine, Valerie

Dear Susan,
    You are most welcome! I really enjoy your blog. Always such lovely posts and photos. Thank you so much for all of your kind comments on my blog. Blessings and sunshine, Valerie

Dear Jan,
    Thank you! She is a sweetie. I really enjoy her. I appreciate your kind comment.
    Blessings, Valerie

Dear Sheeplady,
    Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed the painting. I'm sure it can't compare with all of the cuteness you have around your place. 😉
    Blessings and sunshine, Valerie

Dear Shelley,
    Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog. =) They make me smile. It would be lovely to be carefree and have no worries wouldn't it! I'm with you on the growing up bit…it is tough. Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

Dear Camp & Cottage,
    Thank you for your kind visit! It is always fun pulling out old heirlooms and making them 'new' once again.
    Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

Dear Sweet Stephanie,
    As always it is such a pleasure to have you visit with me in my little corner of blogland. My little one is really enjoying her 'new to her' treasures. =) Thank you so much for your kind comment.
    Blessings and sunshine,

Valerie, love that little horse and the bed is perfect for a good night's sleep. Your daddy is very gifted!

Dear Mrs. R,
    Thank you for your kind comment. =) It made me smile.
    Blessings, Valerie