Goodbye July ~ Hodgepodge Wednesday

Welcome to this week’s hodgepodge Wednesday. If you want to join in the fun, visit the very lovely Joyce over at ‘From This Side Of The Pond’ by clicking on the linky above. =) Happy Wednesday.

1. “Summer is like childhood. It’s full of warm memories and gone too soon.”~Kellie Elmore  Agree or disagree? Share something you loved about the summers of your childhood.
I loved the slowness of it all. The pace of life just seemed to be so much more relaxing in the long, lazy summer months. I loved spending time at my grandmother’s house, where she ran a daycare. There were always lots of children to play with and every day was an adventure. These days

summer and every other season just seem to fly by.

2. Are you a fan of auto racing-NASCAR, Indy, Stock, Grand Prix, etc? Ever been to a race in person? Any desire to do this?  Do you know a lot about cars? Do you notice particular makes and models when you’re out and about?

I’m not much of a car person. I never really got the whole racing enthusiasm bit. Watching cars make circles round a track…albeit dangerously just never interested me. I do love vintage cars.  When I was a teenager I wanted a 1968 Mustang convertible. There was a bright sunny orange one for sale near our home. I longed for that car. 😉 But it was never to happen…I instead drove a white Ford Tempo through my teens. ;(

3. What’s something you think is too serious to be joked about? Or do you think anything and everything is fair game?

Well, I certainly don’t want to take myself too seriously. I like finding humor in most situations. It eases the stress of life. I do believe though, that there is a time and place for everything. It is also good to realize…”Who you are speaking with,” as sometimes I have had foot in mouth disease. 😉

4. July 29th is National Lasagna Day. Are you a fan? Do you have a great recipe, and if so where did it come from? If given a choice would you choose a plate of lasagna or a plate of spaghetti?
Mmmm…I love lasagna. My mother made the absolute best. I still use her recipe. I would definitely choose lasagna. Perfect with a nice soft bread stick. =)

5. What’s a simple pleasure you’d miss if it were not a regular part of your life?
Crocheting. I love to crochet. It is a relaxing way to pass the time and one of my favorite hobbies.

6. If you could be the CEO of any company, which would you choose?
My own…I would love to have my own painting business. =)

A part of one of the murals I have painted ! =)

7. August is just around the bend…bid farewell to July in exactly seven words.

Hot & steamy, humid July good bye. =) LOL

8. Insert your own random thought here.

There is something magical about bubbles. =)

14 Responses to Goodbye July ~ Hodgepodge Wednesday

1. Joyce says:

My next door neighbor growing up had the prettiest sky blue mustang convertible. I'd love to have that car now! I still like bubbles : )

Good morning, Valerie 🙂 Your paintings are fabulous, dear friend. Each one puts a smile on my face 🙂 I admire people like yourself who can paint or draw because I have absolutely NO talent in that department. My sister and two grandpa's can draw like there is no tomorrow. . .I can draw a stick person. 🙂

I didn't know yesterday was National Lasagna Day – I think there is a day for every food now. My family and I had spaghetti for supper so I guess we were kind of close – it was at least Italian.

Anywho, lovely post! I hope you have an amazing day! Hugs and blessings to you!

3. Empty Nester says:

I wish I could say that I have no idea what you mean about foot in mouth disease but I think I may have invented it. LOL Sometimes I think my foot spends way more time in there than on the floor. Oh yes! A nice bread stick with the lasagna is glorious!

Dear Joyce,
    Thank you for dropping by! =) A sky blue mustang sounds even better than the sunny orange one I adored. 😉 Blessings, Valerie

Dear Empty Nester,
    I know exactly what you mean. =) Must be a southern thing or we just like to speak our mind. 😉

Dear Stephanie,
    You are so sweet to compliment my little paintings. They are just a hobby for the most part. Maybe when the kids grow up, I can spend more time on my art. I think you are super talented and so creative. =) I think spaghetti would definitely count.
    Blessings and hope your day was lovely,

7. Hi Valerie when I first looked at your pictures I did not realize that you made them. They are lovely. I would love to see more of your crochet creations too.
    Julie

Happy Wednesday, Valerie!. I don't usually care for summer but this summer it has been surprisingly cooler than usual and I am loving it!

Love your drawings/paintings!

9. love your post, thank you for stopping by.

10. Barb says:

Hi Valerie!

Can I just tell you how much I love your paintings of those sweet little Corgi's! One day I hope to have one, I just think they are so adorable and have such pleasant personalities!

Hodgepodge Wednesday is a fun way to get to know you! I will have to join in on the fun! It's so nice to know that we all have one thing or another in common!

Hugs,
    Barb

Dear Julie,
    Thank you so much for your kind compliments on my little corgi paintings. They are a joy to paint. I will have to share more of my crochet pieces on the blog.

Gilligan and Maryanne,

Thank you! =)

Dear Sweet Barb,
    Thank you so much for your kind compliments on my little corgi paintings. They are near and dear to my heart. I just wish my own little corgi would behave so pleasantly sometimes. She is a mischief maker. 😉 I am in the process of getting some prints made of my art. I have painted for so many years, it is a daunting process as I have hundreds of paintings to sort through. =) I would love for you to have one of my paintings sometime. I have a facebook page for my little paintings you can visit it by clicking the Shaggycreations link in the side bar.

I would be delighted to see you join the Hodgepodge. It has been a lot of fun for me and Joyce always comes up with the most wonderful questions. =) It is always a delight to find a kindred spirit.
    Hugs and Friendship,

Dear Mrs. R,
    Thank you for your kind compliment on my little paintings and for your visit.
    Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie