Dropping You A Line…

I just lived through one of the longest weekends I can remember in a very long time. I wanted to drop my bloggy friends a quick line, and let you know that I have not abandoned my blog. I have been under the weather. Literally.

Early on Saturday morning I began having excruciating back pains. Being a known producer of kidney stones, I immediately knew what was up. A stone was moving and on its way out. I took a pill to help with the pain and braced myself for the worst yet to come. And boy did it EVER!
By lunchtime, I was in so much pain I landed in the emergency room. Where they loaded me up with pain medication and took a CT scan to inform me that I was currently in possession of an          8mm kidney stone. Approx. the size of a pencil eraser. Uggh! After several hours in the ER and doping me up, they sent me home with more meds and instructions to return if the pain got worse.
I went to bed feeling some relief. Thinking the worst was over. NOT!
I woke up later that evening and had to return to the ER. Where they admitted me and told me the stone was blocking my urinary tract. I would need surgery to remove it. So I went into surgery on Sunday morning and a stent was placed to help my terribly swollen kidney. I was sent home and given more meds to help with the recovery pain. I went Monday morning to get that painful stent out. YUCK! Now I am in the middle of recovery, that is not pleasant.
I just wanted to let all of my wonderful bloggy friends know that I hope to be back to my regular upbeat blogging next week. Until then, have a wonderful week. I will be thinking of you all! =)
Blessings and Sunshine,

18 Responses to Dropping You A Line…

1. Oh Valerie, how horrible!
    I pray for your quick recovery.
    I've only had this happen once and next to childbirth, I don't know anything more painful.

Oh dear Valerie, I am so sorry for what you have been going through! I cannot imagine the pain, my friend. You are certainly in my prayers and I pray you have a quick recovery, my friend.

Love and hugs to you!

3. Jan Tanis says:

Oh no…so sorry for that awfulness. I'm praying you heal up quickly and fully.

Hugs,
    Jan

4. Susan says:

Oh Valerie, SO SORRY to hear of that dreadful kidney stone. Oh dear oh dear. That can NOT be pleasant to endure.

Hope the recovery goes well and that you will be feeling like yourself again soon. Susan

By the way, thanks so much for all your comments on my blog. Love them.

5. Delvalina says:

Oh my dear friend Valerie, I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know that you're in this situation right now. I can imagine how it is as my mom ever been there. I will take this as my prayers to the Lord. Thank you for thinking of me. I thinking of you as well.

blessing,
    Delvalina

Oh my Valerie! You have had a very troubling week. You poor thing! I will be praying for you and may you be comfortable and able to rest well. {{HUGS}}

7. Sylvia says:

I pray you are much better today, Valerie, so sorry for your pain.

8. Valerie, I am so sorry for your pain, but glad you are on the upside of it now
    I do not know that pain, but do know of others that have had it no fun!!!
    blessings and hugs to you

Dear Camp and Cottage Living,
    Thank you so much for your well wishes and for visiting with me on the blog. I am much better now, thank goodness! Well on my way to recovery from the kidney stone ordeal. You are right child birth is right up there with the kidney stone pain. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
    Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

Dear Sweet Stephanie,
    Thank you so much for the well wishes. I am well on my way to recovery now, thank goodness! Hope to be back to blogging soon!
    Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

Dear Jan,
    Thank you so much! I am much better today!
    Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

Dear Sweet Susan,
    Thank you so very much for the well wishes. I truly enjoy your beautiful blog. It is a bright spot in my week! =) I am much better today, thank goodness.
    Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

Dear Delvalina,
    Thank you so very much for your prayers and kind well wishes. I am much better today, thank goodness! Hope your week has been lovely.
    Blessings and Sunshine,

Dear Gilligan Maryanne,
    Thank you so much for the well wishes! I am much better today, thank goodness. =) I hope your week was simply lovely.
    Blessings and sunshine, Valerie

Dear Mrs. R,
    Thank you so much my sweet friend for the well wishes. I am much better now. I hope your week was a lovely one.
    Blessings and sunshine, Valerie

Dear Sweet Sylvia,
    Thank you so much for your well wishes, I am much better today.
    Blessings and sunshine, Valerie

17. Oh NO :-(. Praying for a quick recovery!!!

Dear Sheeplady,
    Thank you so much! Your friendship is precious to me.
    Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie