Hodgepodge Wednesday ~ Birthdays and Such!
It has been a month and a half since I last found the time to contribute to the Hodgepodge. I have missed it and all of you! Hope your September is grand. =)
Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie
1. Douglas MacArthur is quoted as saying, ‘You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair.’ Would you agree? If not, why not?
I believe that the mind is a very powerful influence over our well being. There are physical things that happen to us as we age that are beyond our control obviously, but a sound mind and a positive attitude never hurt anyone! 😉 Smiling helps everything. =)
2. What remarkable feat, interesting piece of trivia, or historical event occurred on your birth day and month? Not necessarily your same birthyear, just the same date/same month.
In 1827 on February 27th the very first Mardi Gras took place! =) At least it is something colorful to remember eh?
3. Describe a time or circumstance where you wanted to ‘have your cake and eat it too.’
Everyday! I am on a gluten free & dairy free diet for my health. I sure wish I could still eat all of my favorite foods…also known as cheese…ice cream…pastries…and still feel great! =) Now that would be awesome.=)
4. What’s something you do that makes you feel young? Something that makes you feel old?
To feel young is to be told by others that my oldest daughter and I look like sisters.
Old…that would be me trying to figure out the texts from my son and daughter. 😉
5. When did you last do something that was ‘a piece of cake’?
Coming up with a to do list at 3:00 in the morning. I seem to be really superb at doing this! =)
6. Beef, wine, and cheese all improve with age. What else would you add to that list?(not necessarily food or beverage)
Perspective. Wish I had even a small dose of the perspective I have now, when I was in my twenties. Things like…no…I will not live forever, and yes, frequent sunburns will turn into wrinkles and age spots in your 40’s…oh, and there will be plenty of time to clean house and do laundry later in life…wish I had rocked and snuggled with all my babies even more than I did.
7. If I were to have a giveaway when we hit Volume 200 in the Hodgepodge, what should I give away? By my calculations we’ll hit Volume 200 on November 26th, the day before Thanksgiving, which means whoever wins would have whatever it is by Christmas.
Something that represents what you love! =) Love others suggestions of a Christmas ornament. What a fabulous idea!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
“Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest”. ~Larry Lorenzoni =) Happy Birthday Joyce! =)