Visbiome High Potency Probiotics Review
“I have been given this product as part of a product review through the Chronic Illness Bloggers network. Although the product was a gift, all opinions in this review remain my own and I was in no way influenced by the company. ”
Probiotics and Digestive Health
Irritable Bowel Syndrome also commonly referred to as IBS, represents one of my biggest health struggles. As a Lyme Disease patient, one of the very first problem areas that my doctor tackled was my digestive health. When my Lyme diagnosis was reached, he immediately placed me on a gluten, dairy and sugar-free diet, along with a probiotic.
On any given day, my problems can range from moderate to severe. Although diet is an extremely important part of my Lyme treatments, supplements are a close second.
Probiotics have played a huge role in helping to restore my gut health. My doctor has advised that I need at least one hundred fifty billion probiotic bacteria per day. That gets expensive!
Visbiome High Potency Probiotics To The Rescue!
So when I was asked to review Visbiome High Potency Probiotics, I jumped at the chance to try a higher quality probiotic. I was interested to see if I would be able to tell a difference.
Could I tell a difference? I would answer that question with an emphatic, YES!
I have been taking Visbiome High Potency Probiotic Capsules for about a month and the difference in my digestive health has been phenomenal.
I no longer feel like I have a stomach full of rocks after every meal. I can actually sit down and enjoy my food without the constant repercussions of bloating and indigestion. It feels as if the perpetual knot in my gut has been untied. The constant burning in my throat has also lessened.
It is a wonderful feeling, after years and years of misery before, during and after meals. Food is no longer my enemy!
What is a high potency probiotic?
Probiotics are a food supplement that contain an extremely high number of live, good bacteria. The number of beneficial bacteria in a probiotic supplement is measured in colony forming units. The more units a supplement has, the more probiotic bacteria it contains.
I had previously been using fifty billion bacteria units, twice a day. While this is considered high potency, Visbiome’s product contains 112.5 billion per capsule! A marked difference for sure.
What makes Visbiome products so special?
- Visbiome contains 8 strains of live bacteria in concentrations of 450 billion bacteria per packet and 112.5 billion per capsule.
- It contains the De Simone Formulation, one of the most widely studied probiotics with over 60 published human clinical studies.
- Visbiome is shipped and stored under refrigerated conditions to ensure maximum potency.
- The Capsules are packaged in special bottles to ensure minimal moisture intrusion and provide maximum potency.
Why was I so impressed with Visbiome’s Probiotic?
- It arrives in a cooler on ice to preserve its potency.
- The bottle is extremely easy to open, which is an added bonus for my arthritic hands.
- I only have to take two capsules a day to obtain maximum dosage. I take one in the morning before breakfast and one at bedtime.
- The regular strength Visbiome capsules do not require a prescription.
- After only two weeks of adding Visbiome to my daily routine, I experienced major improvements in my acid reflux, bloating and digestion.
Special considerations before beginning Visbiome
Possible Side Effects
You may experience bloating during the first few days after starting Visbiome as your intestinal microflora changes. If this occurs, you may need to reduce daily consumption to allow for adjustment. Please consult with your physician if you experience bloating.
I experienced mild bloating during the first few days of incorporating Visbiome into my diet. I started slowly and worked my way up to two capsules per day.
Avoid taking with antibiotics. Some antibiotics may inactivate certain strains of bacterium in Visbiome.
As a Lyme patient, antibiotics play a major role in my treatment plan. I was careful to choose a time when I was not taking antibiotics to try Visbiome.
Overall I am extremely pleased with the positive results that I have experienced while taking Visbiome High Potency Probiotics. I plan to continue using this product as an addition to my Lyme Disease and Irritable Bowel Syndrome protocol.
Disclaimer: The opinions stated in this blog are just that, my own opinion. I am not a medical professional. Nor am I authorized to give medical advice. Please seek the advice of a medical doctor before beginning any new supplements or protocols.