Fibromyalgia Flare Up Tips To Help Cope With The Pain
Have you ever felt that a Fibromyalgia flare would go on forever?
This week has found me in the most awful shape I have been in, in quite some time. I am having days, when I feel like it is a great accomplishment just to get breakfast for the family and school taught to my two school aged children.
Now I am in the quandry of, “What can I take for pain?”
- The first thing I have tried is the the old fashioned remedy of putting a bar of soap between the sheets to relieve leg pains. I found this truly helpful article here: Soap in the Bed. Now, I can honestly say that this has not been a major help for me…but as they say every little bit helps. I suppose in my humble opinion, that maybe my pain just trumps the soap so to speak. But I will continue to try this…maybe over time it will help.
- Next after suffering from a migraine for which I could take NOTHING for relief, I tried drinking green tea. NO GO! It did not help at all.
- Then I tried peppermint and lavender essential oils on my temples…now there is a little relief there at least! I did feel marginally better after using the essential oils. The relief was not instant, but after about 30 minutes the pain at least dulled a little.
- As a last resort a neck massage from my homemedic auto massager. This also helped a little.
- After this I just bit the bullet so to speak…took a hot shower and went to bed with a cool rag on my head. I woke up this morning feeling marginally better, with a few remnants of headache left behind. So I will officially be taking it easy today.
- I also suffer from terrible insomnia and pain during the night. Upon the recommendation of my mother, I tried out some banana tea to help with this. You can find the link to this recipe here: Dr. Oz Banana Tea. I can say that this did little more than just relax me. I did not really sleep at all, due to the pain that I was in, both headache pain and fibro pain. But I will be trying it again to see if it does indeed work better on days I am NOT in a major flare up.