Goodbye July ~ Hodgepodge Wednesday
Welcome to this week’s hodgepodge Wednesday. If you want to join in the fun, visit the very lovely Joyce over at ‘From This Side Of The Pond’ by clicking on the linky above. =) Happy Wednesday.
1. “Summer is like childhood. It’s full of warm memories and gone too soon.”~Kellie Elmore Agree or disagree? Share something you loved about the summers of your childhood.
I loved the slowness of it all. The pace of life just seemed to be so much more relaxing in the long, lazy summer months. I loved spending time at my grandmother’s house, where she ran a daycare. There were always lots of children to play with and every day was an adventure. These days
summer and every other season just seem to fly by.
2. Are you a fan of auto racing-NASCAR, Indy, Stock, Grand Prix, etc? Ever been to a race in person? Any desire to do this? Do you know a lot about cars? Do you notice particular makes and models when you’re out and about?
I’m not much of a car person. I never really got the whole racing enthusiasm bit. Watching cars make circles round a track…albeit dangerously just never interested me. I do love vintage cars. When I was a teenager I wanted a 1968 Mustang convertible. There was a bright sunny orange one for sale near our home. I longed for that car. 😉 But it was never to happen…I instead drove a white Ford Tempo through my teens. ;(
3. What’s something you think is too serious to be joked about? Or do you think anything and everything is fair game?
Well, I certainly don’t want to take myself too seriously. I like finding humor in most situations. It eases the stress of life. I do believe though, that there is a time and place for everything. It is also good to realize…”Who you are speaking with,” as sometimes I have had foot in mouth disease. 😉
4. July 29th is National Lasagna Day. Are you a fan? Do you have a great recipe, and if so where did it come from? If given a choice would you choose a plate of lasagna or a plate of spaghetti?
Mmmm…I love lasagna. My mother made the absolute best. I still use her recipe. I would definitely choose lasagna. Perfect with a nice soft bread stick. =)
5. What’s a simple pleasure you’d miss if it were not a regular part of your life?
Crocheting. I love to crochet. It is a relaxing way to pass the time and one of my favorite hobbies.
6. If you could be the CEO of any company, which would you choose?
My own…I would love to have my own painting business. =)
A part of one of the murals I have painted ! =)
7. August is just around the bend…bid farewell to July in exactly seven words.
Hot & steamy, humid July good bye. =) LOL
8. Insert your own random thought here.
There is something magical about bubbles. =)