Hodgepodge Wednesday…Christmas is Coming!
Welcome to the Hodgepodge, if I could, I would offer you a warm cozy cup of tea, a fluffy pastry and a spot by the fire.
Come in and rest a while and enjoy this week’s questions provided by the wonderful Joyce at From This Side of The Pond.
Well here it is another Wednesday already! Glad to get back to the Hodgepodge this week. =) If you would like to play along, click on the little picture linky above and visit with the wonderful Joyce at her lovely blog, “From This Side Of The Pond” for details. Hope you are all having a marvelous Wednesday and a colorful autumn. Now on to the Hodgepodge.
1. What’s your favorite time of day? Why?
My favorite time of day is probably about 8 pm. Every evening about this time, I get my littlest munchkin in the bed and we have a snuggle along with a story. It is the most relaxing hour of the day. I love spending some quiet time doing a little reading, crocheting and blogging, that I do not have time for during the day. Nothing like a quiet evening to put a busy day into perspective.
2. Waffle iron, toaster, coffee maker, mixer, blender…which small appliance would you say most needs replacing in your house?
Hmmm…probably my blender. It doesn’t like all the smoothies I am making for breakfast I suppose. It is making some sort of growling noise every time I use it lately. =) Maybe I should start eating cookies for breakfast. Ha! Ha!
3. It’s National Grouch Day (October 15)…what’s something that makes you feel grouchy?
It takes quite a lot to make me grouchy. I guess maybe all the laundry that ends up in my laundry basket at the end of every day. With a family of 6 laundry is never ending.
4. Ever been to Canada? Is that a country you’d like to visit? According to Trip Advisor, the top ten best destinations in Canada are-Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Victoria, Calgary, Niagara on the Lake, Niagara Falls, Whistler, and Halifax. Which city would you most like to see?
I would love to see Niagara Falls some day. =) I’ve never been to Canada. I hear it is a very lovely place to visit.
5. What was your favorite food (or one of your favorites) when you were a child? Is that still a favorite?
One of my very favorite foods when I was a kid was homemade ice cream. My grandparents and parents had a hand churned ice cream freezer and made it quite frequently. I still adore it. But since I have gone dairy free, I miss it these days. 😉
6. Do you cry easily?
Well…I suppose it depends…if I am watching a sad movie, or reading a sad book then, yes! I am a major weeper. =) But I don’t think I am a cry baby. LOL
7. Have you started your (gasp!) Christmas shopping? If so when, and how much? If not, when will you even begin thinking about it?
NO! I am usually a last minute shopper. LOL
8. Insert your own random thought here.
According to the Christmas Clock countdown site, there are only 7o days until Christmas. Guess I better start that shopping. =)
Have a Happy Week!